DEAR Hollywood (Demanding Equal Access and Representation in Hollywood) is a new initiative co-produced by Harness and Untitled Latinx Project (ULP) to advance Latinx equity and inclusion in Hollywood.
- UCLA Hollywood Diversity Report 2022, Part 1: Film
- GLAAD’S 2021-2022 Where We Are on TV Report: LGBTQ Representation Reaches New Record Highs Report
- Inclusion in Netflix Original U.S. Scripted Series & Films
- Hispanic and Latino Representation in Film: Erasure On Screen & Behind the Camera Across 1,300 Popular Movies
- Parrot Analytics – CAA – TV Diversity
- Latinos in Film: Erasure On Screen & Behind the Camera Across 1,200 Popular Movies
- The Latino Media Gap A Report on The State of Latinos in U.S. Media
DEAR Hollywood will make Latinx inclusion an industry standard by securing commitments from leaders in television, broadcast, cable, and streaming platforms to the five pillars outlined below.
- No stories about us without us
- Greenlight our projects
- Represent all aspects of our lives and culture
- Repeating levels holds us back
- Hire us for non-Latinx projects
DEAR Hollywood is co-produced by Harness with Untitled Latinx Project (ULP). ULP is a community of leading Latinx creatives who aim to increase Latinx representation in television, broadcast, cable, and streaming platforms. The ULP leaders and trailblazing showrunners—Tanya Saracho (Vida), Gloria Calderón Kellett (One Day at A Time) and Sierra Teller Ornelas (Rutherford Falls)—approached Harness for help with identifying partners and securing commitments from Hollywood power brokers.
For more information, reach out to Liliana Espinoza – DEAR Hollywood Manager – at firstname.lastname@example.org